Thursday, January 15, 2015

Worship

We get caught up in style and flavor way to much when it comes to worship so I don't want to focus on that but what worship is to me. I feel that leading worship is a huge responsibility not to be taken lightly and that it is very much emotional based. At my church we have recently started using in-ear monitors and I find that it isolates the band from the congregation which I both dislike and love. I dislike hearing voices echo through the sanctuary but love the just me and God feeling that I get and has really made leading that more enjoyable not focusing on mess-ups (which you can hear even better now) but praising and feeling the Holy Spirit. As a youth pastor I hope that the praise team can help the youth see the importance of worship and giving glory to our amazing Savior and that it extends to living a life of worship that is uplifting to those around us. Prayer is so key in worship and is something I am working on making sure all of me is ready to give all I have to God. Please pray for me and the rest of the worship team that we give everything we have, every time we get up and sing His praises.

No comments:

Post a Comment